IofC affirms that....
As an international fellowship open to people of all cultures, nationalities, religions and beliefs, Initiatives of Change affirms that
- in this era of globalization, an individual can be a powerful agent for positive change in society;
- in this age of overabundant information yet appalling human need, listening in silence - for God's leading, to the inner voice, or to conscience - is an essential source of inner freedom, discernment and direction;
- in this age where pressures on our life and time lead us to live on the surface of our being, change on a personal and global scale starts with a process of deepening self-knowledge;
- in this climate of moral relativism, unchanging values of honesty, purity, unselfishness and love offer a practical framework of principles by which to measure our individual and collective behaviour;
- in this time when profits and results are made paramount, genuine care for and by individuals is at the heart of any effort toward lasting change in society;
- in this time of communal tensions, all people should be valued equally: every person has a story to tell and a part to play;
- in this time when cycles of hatred and resentment are perpetuated, acknowledgement of past wrongs, restoration and forgiveness are means by which the human spirit is liberated and the wounds of history are healed;
- in a society that is quick to assign blame, honest conversations and readiness to accept our own responsibility can unite people for action across barriers that have historically divided them;
- in a world marked by divisions and self-interest, communities of dedicated people can unite to serve as models of a more just and compassionate society.