Objectives of IofC
Initiatives of Change (IofC) is focussed around the interaction of people, whether few or many, in homes, small or large groups, personal encounters, training courses, and local or international conferences. For over 70 years IofC has brought people of diverse backgrounds and faiths together. It has provided a rallying point for individuals and teams to work for justice, healing and human development, based on personal change starting in their own lives.
Current initiatives are aimed at:
- Healing the wounds of history that sustain cycles of revenge, especially where cultures and civilizations meet.
- Strengthening the moral and spiritual dimensions of democracy, so challenging selfish interests and corruption.
- Helping individuals and families to counter the climate of blame and selfishness with a culture of care and personal responsibility.
- Strengthening the motivation of care and moral commitment in economic life and thinking, in order to create jobs, correct economic and environmental imbalance, and tackle the root causes of poverty.
- Rebuilding a sense of community and hope in cities and tackling the causes of racial and communal discrimination.
- Forging networks among people from different cultures and faiths based on a shared commitment to work for reconciliation, justice, and peace.