Partners in Reconciliation
Canada is a country of many cultures, races and religions. It provides the challenge and the opportunity to shape a society where every individual and community is needed and valued, and where respect and appreciation of our differences can allow us to live together in dignity.
Partners in Reconciliation is a Canadian initiative for change open to everyone. It believes that healing the wounds of history, through repentance and forgiveness for past wrongs, is a precondition for social, political and constitutional solutions. The time has come for fresh initiatives to build an open and caring society. Blame, guilt and hostility will not produce what is needed. The energy and will for constructive change will only come through a transformation in the human spirit, starting with each one of us.
• To provide opportunities for honest dialogue on divisive issues, focusing first on the need for change in our own hearts, and for actions to heal relationships in families, between individuals and within communities.
• To act as a facilitator, building partnership and trust so that creative connections amongst people with shared visions and commitment can produce hope in the full development of each community.
• To encourage selfless leadership without which effective coalitions for change cannot function.
• To search for solutions, focusing on what is right rather than who is right.
• To create a moral and spiritual climate which provides a foundation for respect and
These goals will be advanced through meetings in homes and communities. Honest dialogue can begin to build understanding that will lead to constructive action. They can also be advanced through forums with individuals who are taking responsibility in all areas of Canada’s life. A Canadian gathering is being planned for May (23-25th) 2008 in Quebec City under the theme of 'Toward a Community of Communities - From Solitudes to Partnership'.
Partners in Reconciliation is a program of Initiatives of Change - Canada (I&C), networking with concerned persons in Canadian communities. Everyone is invited to be part of this process of change.
Will you become a partner?
If yes, please be in touch with I&C offices in Calgary or in Montreal:
Box 61079, Kensington RPO, Calgary, AB, T2N 4S6, Tel: 403-270-0975
195, avenue Gérald, Montréal, QC, H8P 2A2, Tel: 514-364-9808